By David H. Persing, Fred C. Tenover, Yi-Wei Tang, Frederick S. Nolte, Randall T. Hayden, Alex Van Belkum
Presenting the newest molecular diagnostic innovations in a single entire volume
The molecular diagnostics panorama has replaced dramatically because the final variation of Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic rules and perform in 2011. With the unfold of molecular checking out and the improvement of latest applied sciences and their possibilities, laboratory pros and physicians greater than ever want a source to aid them navigate this swiftly evolving box.
Editors David Persing and Fred Tenover have introduced jointly a staff of skilled researchers and diagnosticians to replace this 3rd variation comprehensively, to offer the most recent advancements in molecular diagnostics within the aid of medical care and of uncomplicated and scientific learn, together with next-generation sequencing and whole-genome research. those updates are supplied in an easy-to-read structure and supported through a large diversity of functional recommendation, equivalent to picking the best kind and volume of a specimen, liberating and concentrating the ambitions, and getting rid of inhibitors.
Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic ideas and Practice
- Presents the newest easy medical conception underlying molecular diagnostics
- Offers validated and confirmed functions of molecular diagnostics for the analysis of infectious illnesses, together with point-of-care testing
- Illustrates and summarizes key techniques and strategies with exact figures and tables
- Discusses rising applied sciences, together with using molecular typing tools for real-time monitoring of infectious outbreaks and antibiotic resistance
- Advises at the most recent qc and caliber coverage measures
- Explores the expanding possibilities and services of knowledge technology
Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic rules and perform is a textbook for molecular diagnostics classes which could even be utilized by a person concerned with diagnostic try out choice and interpretation. it's also an invaluable reference for laboratories and as a continuous schooling source for physicians.
Read or Download Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice PDF
Best diagnosis books
Patellofemoral proceedings are an enormous challenge for all these operating in activities drugs and orthopaedics. the right kind prognosis at an early level is key if next therapy is to achieve success and secondary problems are to be shunned. Written via an the world over identified crew of specialists this e-book seems on the quite a few diagnostic suggestions at present on hand, cites examples of unsuccessful remedies and proposes the main applicable ones at the confirmed foundation of the most recent examine.
This booklet is a different paintings dedicated to the topic of disordered defaecation. It comprises chapters written by way of specialists within the box of ano-rectal body structure and administration of disordered defaecation. a number of the contributions current own perspectives and distinct scientific adventure of people. There are a few own perspectives which we felt will be commented upon and some parts the place the event of others has been integrated into the textual content.
The 1st variation of An relief to the MRCP brief circumstances speedily estabished itself as a vintage and has offered over 25,000 copies. The goals of this revised and prolonged moment variation are almost like these of the 1st: to supply a finished advisor for these getting ready for the fast circumstances part of the club of the Royal university of Physicians exam.
- Exposure Criteria for Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound: II. Criteria Based on All Known Mechanisms
- Differential Diagnosis in Dermatology, 4th Edition
- The Nerd's Guide to Pre-Rounding: A Medical Student's Manual to the Wards
- Searching Skills Toolkit: Finding the Evidence (EBMT-EBM Toolkit Series)
- A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
Extra info for Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice
Real-time PCR in clinical microbiology: applications for routine laboratory testing. Clin Microbiol Rev 19:165–256. 29. Tyagi S, Kramer FR. 1996. Molecular beacons: probes that fluoresce upon hybridization. Nat Biotechnol 14:303–308. 30. Chakravorty S, Aladegbami B, Burday M, Levi M, Marras SA, Shah D, El-Hajj HH, Kramer FR, Alland D. 2010. Rapid universal identification of bacterial pathogens from clinical cultures by using a novel sloppy molecular beacon melting temperature signature technique.
EMBO Rep 5:795–800. 66. Tong Y, Tang W, Kim H, Pan X, Ranall TA, Kong T. 2008. Development of isothermal TaqMan assays for detection of biothreat organisms. Biotechniques 45:543–557. 67. Chow WHA, McCloskey C, Tong Y, Hu L, You Q, Kelly CP, Kong H, Tang Y, Tang W. 2008. Application of isothermal helicase-dependent amplification with a disposable detection device in a simple sensitive stool test for toxigenic Clostridium difficile. J Mol Diagn 10:452–458. 68. Goldmeyer J, Li H, McCormac M, Cook S, Stratton C, Lemieux B, Kong H, Tang W, Tang Y.
13. Longo MC, Berninger MS, Hartley JL. 1990. Use of uracil DNA glycosylase to control carry-over contamination in polymerase chain reactions. Gene 93:125–128. 14. Mullis K, Ferre F, Gibbs R (ed). 1994. The Polymerase Chain Reaction. Birkhauser, Boston, MA. 15. Bustin SA (ed). 2010. The PCR Revolution: Basic Technologies and Applications. Cambridge University Press, New York, NY. 1. Nucleic Acid Amplification Methods Overview 16. Wittwer CT, Farrar JS. 2011. Magic in solution: an introduction and brief history of PCR, p 1–21.