By Andrea Lania MD, PHD (auth.), Brooke Swearingen MD, Beverly M. K. Biller MD (eds.)
This textual content presents an in depth replace on present diagnostic and healing recommendations invaluable within the administration of a vast spectrum of pituitary problems. The contents replicate the multidisciplinary strategy wanted for sufferers with problems of the pituitary gland, with contributions from either endocrinologists and neurosurgeons, in addition to forte contributions from radiologists, ophthalmologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists, and neurologists. The booklet makes a speciality of every one pituitary tumor subtype, and includes extra chapters regarding different lesions of the sella, together with tumor administration while pregnant and within the pediatric age group.
Read or Download Diagnosis and Management of Pituitary Disorders PDF
Similar diagnosis books
Patellofemoral court cases are a massive challenge for all these operating in activities drugs and orthopaedics. the right kind analysis at an early level is vital if next remedy is to achieve success and secondary problems are to be shunned. Written by way of an the world over recognized workforce of specialists this ebook seems on the quite a few diagnostic strategies at present to be had, cites examples of unsuccessful remedies and proposes the main acceptable ones at the confirmed foundation of the most recent examine.
This publication is a special paintings dedicated to the topic of disordered defaecation. It comprises chapters written through specialists within the box of ano-rectal body structure and administration of disordered defaecation. some of the contributions current own perspectives and unique medical adventure of people. There are a few own perspectives which we felt might be commented upon and some components the place the event of others has been integrated into the textual content.
The 1st variation of An relief to the MRCP brief circumstances speedily estabished itself as a vintage and has offered over 25,000 copies. The goals of this revised and prolonged moment variation are just like these of the 1st: to supply a complete consultant for these getting ready for the fast instances portion of the club of the Royal collage of Physicians exam.
- Adult Body MR, An Issue of Radiologic Clinics of North America, 1e (The Clinics: Radiology)
- Critical Thinking in Clinical Practice: Improving the Quality of Judgments and Decisions, Second Edition
- Early Breast Cancer: Histopathology, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diseases & Disorders - A Nursing Therapeutic Manual : a Nursing Therapeutic Manual, Edition: 3rd ed
- Early Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease (Current Clinical Neurology)
- Ocular pathology , Edition: 6th edition
Extra resources for Diagnosis and Management of Pituitary Disorders
9. Pernicone PJ, Scheithauer BW, Sebo TJ, et al. Pituitary carcinoma: a clinicopathologic study of 15 cases. Cancer 1997;79:804–12. 10. Schreiber S, Saeger W, Ludecke DK. Proliferation markers in different types of clinically non-secreting pituitary adenomas. Pituitary 1999;1:213–20. 11. Gejman R, Swearingen B, Hedley-Whyte ET. Role of Ki67 proliferation index and p53 expression in predicting progression of pituitary adenomas Brain Pathol 2006;16(s1):S110. 12. Hsu DW, Hakim F, Biller BM, et al.
Beck-Peccoz P, Brucker-Davis F, Persani L, Smallridge RC, Weintraub BD. Thyrotropinsecreting pituitary tumors Endocr Rev 1996;17:610–38. 8. Petakov MS, Damjanovic SS, Nikolic-Durovic MM, et al. Pituitary adenomas secreting large amounts of prolactin may give false low values in immunoradiometric assays: the hook effect. J Endocrinol Invest 1998;21:184–8. 9. St-Jean E, Blain F, Comtois R. High prolactin levels may be missed by immunoradiometric assay in patients with macroprolactinomas. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1996;44:305–9.
At the posterior aspect of the cavernous sinus, near the petrous apex, lies Dorello’s canal, through which cranial nerve VI passes before entering the cavernous sinus. Just superior to this is Meckel’s cave, which contains the Gasserian cistern and the trigeminal ganglion. At the anterior aspect of the cavernous sinus, cranial nerves III, IV, V1 , and VI enter the orbit via the superior orbital fissure. The maxillary nerve (V2 ) passes anteriorly through the foramen rotundum where it crosses the pterygopalatine fossa before entering the infraorbital canal.